Thursday 10 April 2014

Evaluation Intro

As part of my A2 Media Studies course, second year, my brief for my Advanced Portfolio was to create.. 

A promotion package for the release of an album, to include a music promo video, together with two of the following three options:
 
  • a website homepage for the band
  • a cover for its release as part of a digipak (CD/DVD package)
  • a magazine advertisement for the digipak (CD/DVD package)

I chose to work individually for my Portfolio to be able to make all my work completely my own and to express my own skills that I have learnt and developed over the two years of the course. The advance Portfolio requires the skills I learnt when creating my Foundation Portfolio in terms of adobe Photoshop for my music magazine which I have now used and developed on to create my ancillary texts: Magazine Advert and Digipak. It has also required new skills and development in areas such as video making using Adobe Premier Pro CC for my music video which shows the biggest difference between the foundation portfolio and the advanced. All together I have had two years of learning and understanding the formation and reasoning behind media texts and also the way to use research, planning and digital software to create my very own forms of media using all the expected conventions making each of them as professional and realistic as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment